Notice about how we use your personal information
At SCC Group we take data protection seriously. We are the data controller of personal information held and processed by our students, staff and other individuals.
Our head office contact details are; SCC Group, Head Office based at Pendleton Sixth Form College, Dronfield Road, Salford. M6 7FR. Tel: 0161 631 5000
Our Data Protection Officer is Matthew Higgs. If you have any questions about our Data Protection Policy or the ways in which we use your personal information, please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This privacy notice has been prepared in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU), (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. Personal data is managed according to the College’s Data Protection Policy, click here to view.
The Data Protection Act 2018 governs how personal data should be processed by organisations and applies to anything we do with personal data, such as collecting, accessing, sharing, analysing, storing and archiving it etc. The College is a Data Controller which means the College is responsible for compliance with the Act.
Overview of Data Protection
There are eight key principles in the Data Protection Act:
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully
- It shall be obtained for specified purposes
- It shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive
- It shall be accurate and up-to-date
- It shall not be kept longer than necessary
- It shall be processed in accordance with the rights of the data subject
- Measures shall be taken to protect processing and to prevent loss and damage
- It shall not be transferred outside the EEA (European Economic Area) unless there is an adequate level of protection in that country
What are Cookies?
Cookies allow small pieces of information to be read from and/or placed onto your device when you visit a website or application. This allows for websites and applications to recognise you or your device on each subsequent visit so that they can remember things like preferences, log in information and saved selections eg Course selections for an Application.
We will only place cookies for the preference level you set. Your preference level will be set depending on the options chosen (usually when you first visit our website), however these can be changed at any time by clicking the floating Icon bottom left.
Please note that cookies set before you changed your settings will still be on your device. You can remove them using your browser settings.