Notice about how we use your personal information
At Salford City College we take data protection seriously. We are the data controller of personal information held and processed by our students, staff and other individuals.
Our head office contact details are; Salford City College, Head Office, Frontier House, Merchants Quay, Salford Quays, M50 3SR. Tel: 0161 631 5000
Our Data Protection Officer is Matthew Higgs. If you have any questions about our Data Protection Policy or the ways in which we use your personal information, please contact him at email@example.com.
This privacy notice has been prepared in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU), (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. Personal data is managed according to the College’s Data Protection Policy, click here to view.
The Data Protection Act 2018 governs how personal data should be processed by organisations and applies to anything we do with personal data, such as collecting, accessing, sharing, analysing, storing and archiving it etc. The College is a Data Controller which means the College is responsible for compliance with the Act.
OVERVIEW OF DATA PROTECTION
There are eight key principles in the Data Protection Act:
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully
- It shall be obtained for specified purposes
- It shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive
- It shall be accurate and up-to-date
- It shall not be kept longer than necessary
- It shall be processed in accordance with the rights of the data subject
- Measures shall be taken to protect processing and to prevent loss and damage
- It shall not be transferred outside the EEA (European Economic Area) unless there is an adequate level of protection in that country