We are thrilled to announce Pendleton’s very own Jessica Corps will be performing at the final of West End Calling at Charring Cross in December 2022.

West End Calling is a nationwide competition for aspiring musical theatre performers, offering a unique experience to young performers aged 6-21 years. Along with some amazing prizes, performers also have the opportunity to perform in some of the UK’s top venues- invaluable to anyone wanting to break through into the performing arts industry.  

Jessica, 16, attends The Pendleton School of Theatre in Salford and after competing in multiple regional rounds, has successfully reached the final. Singing songs from a range of musicals, including Les Misérables and Oliver, Jessica will be performing her final song, ‘Think of Me’ from The Phantom of the Opera, in front of an audience of agents, casting directors and theatre professionals.

Jessica said, “I’m nervous but really excited because I’m doing something I love; I want to show off what I can do, so when I’m older, I’ve got the experience.” Previous winners of West End Calling and graduates of Pendleton include Tom Glynn-Carney who starred in the academy award-winning war epic Dunkirk, while Faye Brookes and Catherine Tyldesley went on to star in ITV's Coronation Street. 

The final of West End Calling is open to the public and is held at Charring Cross Theatre in London on Sunday 12th December. Tickets are still available- visit www.westendcalling.co.uk for information.

Everyone at the College wishes Jessica the best of luck- we have everything crossed!