Leadership and Management at Apprenticeships at Salford City College
11th February 2021
Our Leadership and Management apprenticeship will allow you to step into a first line management role, with operational/project responsibilities or responsibility for managing a team to deliver a clearly defined outcome.
An effective manager will provide direction, instructions and guidance to ensure the achievement of set goals. Working in the private, public or third sector and in all sizes of organisation, specific responsibilities will vary, but the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed will be the same whatever the role.
What will you learn?
This course will enable first line managers to develop effective management and leadership skills to support in the development of the business. We have highly qualified staff who will create individualised learning for all.
Upon completion, apprentices will understand different leadership styles and the benefits of coaching to support people and improve performance.
Here are some examples of what our apprentices learn:
- Understand organisational cultures, equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Understand people and team management models, including team dynamics and motivation techniques.
- Understand HR systems and legal requirements, and performance management techniques including setting goals and objectives, conducting appraisals, reviewing performance, absence management, providing constructive feedback, and recognising achievement and good behaviour.
- Understand approaches to customer and stakeholder relationship management, including emotional intelligence and managing conflict. Know how to facilitate cross team working to support delivery of organisational objectives.
- Know how to monitor budgets to ensure efficiencies and that costs do not overrun.
What do our apprentices say?
Scott’s Henderson’s Leadership and Management apprenticeship has allowed him to build upon his existing skills. He explained: “Since starting the apprenticeship I have learnt so much in terms of leadership. I have found the Project Management elements of the apprenticeship really useful.”
“Learning about how to deal with the difficult conversations you may have to have with staff has also been incredibly beneficial. The apprenticeship is a great way for individuals to enhance their confidence and progress into higher roles within their business.”Scott Henderson, Leadership and Management apprentice
To find out more about our Leadership and Management apprenticeship, then contact the Apprenticeships at Salford City College team on: 0161 631 5555 or email@example.com.