Skills for Life & Employment students enjoy annual Basketball tournament

18 March 2020

Last week, students from The Skills for Life & Employment Department participated in the annual Basketball tournament.

The tournament, held every year, is hosted by Sports England at the National Basketball Performance Centre in Belle Vue.

Skills for Life & Employment teacher, Neil Hall, commented: “Students had a fantastic day at the National Basketball Centre. A big thank you to both staff and students who supported the event. We were able to field four teams, consisting of thirty-four players.”

The Salford Knights Disability Basketball Team runs at Eccles Sixth Form College’s Sports Hall. The team is coached by a former student who attended Eccles Sixth Form College.

Lauren Hawkins, a student at Eccles Sixth Form College, said; “I had a great day from the very beginning. I enjoyed travelling on the minibus with my friends.”

“I thought the centre was really good with all the basketball nets. I really enjoyed myself and can’t wait to go again soon.”

If you want to find out more about the College’s Skills for Life & Employment department, the contact the team on 0161 631 5000. Or you can alternatively email enquires@salfordcc.ac.uk.

Helpdesk Software