Study at the University Centre at Salford City College this Autumn
6 September 2019
The University Centre at Salford City College, in the heart of MediaCityUK, prides itself on providing quality Higher Education courses including HNC/Ds, Foundations Degrees, PGCEs, Access and Pre-Access courses and Degrees. If you want to study at university this year, it’s not too late to apply, with enrolment ongoing throughout Septemeber.
The modern University Centre is situated in the UK’s media capital, making it the perfect destination to study. The University Centre has exceptional links with industry which help provide incredible opportunities to students including on-site visits, guest speakers, work experience placements and professional masterclasses. They have recently worked with the BBC, Kellogg’s, ITV and many more companies, utilising our close proximity to MediaCityUK, as well as their staff contacts.
(Located in the heart of MediaCityUK)
Teaching staff are recruited for their expertise and wealth of professional experience and their connections with industry provide students with the essential, real-life skills and knowledge needed to accomplish their career goals. On top of this, facilities are designed to ensure students skills meet the requirements of their chosen sector. Whether their passion is for music, media or marketing, the University Centre at Salford City College has an abundance of state-of-the-art-facilities including studios, rehearsal rooms and MAC suites to prepare their students for industry.
The University Centre at Salford City College has the highest quality rating for Higher Education in the UK.
Partnered with various colleges within the area, students have access to facilities across the city. Partner facilities have had multi-million pounds worth of investment. At Pendleton Sixth Form College, they have a modern, vibrant and newly refurbished graphic design studio, plus two renowned theatres. At Eccles Sixth Form College they have a four-acre indoor and outdoor animal centre, housing up to 250 species, and a Centre of Excellence for Sport, which is closely linked to the Manchester United Foundation. Students have access to these facilities, plus many more across the city.
Plus, Salford is the destination for socialising, eating out and experiencing the North’s rich and diverse culture.
10 Reasons to Study at the University Centre at Salford City College
- EXPERT STAFF: All of the dedicated teaching staff are highly trained professionals, with industry links, as well as impressive and inspiring professional backgrounds.
- HIGH-QUALITY EDUCATION: The University Centre at Salford City College has the highest quality rating for Higher Education in the UK.
- SMALLER CLASS SIZES: At the University Centre at Salford City College, all learning is done in a friendly classroom environment, meaning you can get to know your lecturers and get all the extra help you need with your studies. Plus, class sizes are a lot smaller than at a mainstream university.
- OUTSTANDING GRADES ACHIEVED: There are many benefits to have smaller class sizes, one of those being that our students consistently achieve high grades.
- SAME BENEFITS AS STUDYING AT A UNIVERSITY: Whether it is being able to use student discounts, having access to societies, student accommodation and the students union, you’ll have it all at the University Centre at Salford City College.
- LOWER COSTS FOR COURSES: Put simply, studying with the University Centre is more affordable than studying at a mainstream university.
- STUDY IN STATE-OF-THE-ART FACILITIES: Depending on what you choose to study, you may be based in Eccles Sixth Form College, utilising the state-of-the-art gym and sports equipment, or impressive animal centre. Our brand-new University Centre at MediaCityUK is our central hub and boasts high-tech facilities. Pendleton Sixth Form College is home to a contemporary art and design studio and science and engineering laboratories with Worsley College being home to an onsite training restaurant, The Glass House at Worsley.
- OPPORTUNITIES FOR PAID, PART-TIME WORK: The University Centre at Salford City College has a well-paid HE Student Ambassador Programme, allowing students to work part-time around their studies.
- STUDY IN SPIRITED SALFORD: Salford is a dynamic, vibrant, and spirited city. By studying at the University Centre at Salford City College, you will not only be studying at an incredible educational institution but also in an incredible city. The University Centre is located in the heart of MediaCityUK, the UK’s international hub for creativity, technology, and innovation.
- EXCELLENT TRANSPORT LINKS: Getting to the University Centre couldn’t be simpler. If you are moving to Salford to study, transport links are excellent. The neighbouring city of Manchester is home to two large train stations, an international airport, regular buses, trams and trains that also run throughout Salford. Plus, just outside our University Centre is a tram direct from Manchester City Centre.
Courses at the University at Salford City College
The University Centre at Salford City College offers a range of qualifications, at various levels, in the below areas:
ANIMAL & EQUINE
ART & DESIGN
BUSINESS & PROFESSIONAL
COMPUTING, IT & GAMES DESIGN
CONSTRUCTION CREATIVE MEDIA & JOURNALISM
FASHION & TEXTILES
HOSPITALITY & CULINARY ARTS
MUSIC NURSING & ALLIED HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONS
PSYCHOLOGY & CRIMINOLOGY
SCIENCE & ENGINEERING
SPORT TRAVEL & TOURISM
For a full course listing and further details, please click here. To apply or make an enquiry regarding a course, please contact us on 0161 631 5075 or by emailing HE.email@example.com.