Course Feature: Access to a career in construction
6 September 2018
Would you like to pursue a career in the construction industry? Perhaps you have studied construction at college and would now like to ‘build’ upon your qualifications? Perhaps you are looking for a career change and would like a course at entry level? Whatever your age or situation, we have the course for you.
HNC/D in Construction (Building Engineering Services)
- Site Manager
- Land surveyor
- Projects Officer
- Civil Engineer
- Contracts Manager
The average salary of a construction manager is over £40,000 per year.
Who are these qualifications for?
Access to Higher Education courses do exactly as they say on the tin, help students gain access to university courses. If your heart is set on going to university but you don’t have the qualifications, then an access course is for you.
HNC/D are Higher Education courses that are shorter than full degrees. A HND is typically equivalent to two-years at university.
Highlights of studying at the University Centre at Salford City College
- Studying at a college means cheaper fees
- Smaller class sizes mean more one-on-one teacher-student support
- We have the highest quality rating for Higher Education in the country and students have achieved high grades consistently for the last 5-years
- You’ll receive all the same benefits as studying at a university including receiving student discounts, access to student accommodation and use of the facilities at The University of Salford and The University of Bolton, including the students union, societies and libraries
- Part-time work is also available with the highest paid HE Ambassador programme in Greater Manchester
Highlights of Studying Construction
- Students that come to study with us do extremely well. In fact, our track record for progression is excellent
- Facilities at City Skills are one of a kind. The college has invested substantially in creating real-life working environments, to best prepare students for employment. They are an accredited BPEC Gas Training Centre, an accredited Whirlpool Training Centre, and the only Worcester Bosch Gold Linked College in Greater Manchester
Meet Angela, just one of our incredible staff members at the college
Angela has worked in the construction industry for many years, having previously worked at the local council as a projects officer. Angela climbed the career ladder at the council and was soon conducting surveys, preparing designs and drawings for various property structures and projects.
But, it was after Angela completed here HNC/D in Construction and the Built Environment at City Skills that she fell into teaching. Her hard work on the course led to her being named Student of the Year, and she was then kept on at the college to teach.
Since then Angela has built upon her career at City Skills having recently been promoted to Curriculum Leader for HE and Professional Construction and BES.
Adult and HE enrolment continues with limited places available. To find out how to secure your place today call 0161 631 5075.