Course Feature: Make more than just music, make a career for yourself
5 September 2018
Are you musically talented? Always considered a career in the industry but never quite known what direction to go in? Let us help by putting you on one of our music courses. Whether you are a school leaver or looking for a Higher Education qualification, we have the course for you.
Creative Music – school leaver
Creative Practitioners (Rockschool) – Higher Education
U2 made over £175 million in 2017. P Diddy earnt over £100 million in the same year.
Highlights of studying at FutureSkills at MediaCityUK
- Our facilities are nothing short of incredible. With professional and spacious performance spaces, multiple, state-of-the-art soundproof rehearsal spaces and recording studies and the most up-to-date and high-tech software, equipment and instruments
- Studying at MediaCityUK means opportunity is abundant thanks to being in the heart of the creative hub in the UK
- Likewise, Manchester and Salford are known for their vibrant music scenes and students can take inspiration from some of the greatest musicians in the word, who have come from the area
Highlights of studying at the University Centre at Salford City College
- Studying at a college means cheaper fees
- Smaller class sizes mean more one-on-one teacher-student support
- We have the highest quality rating for Higher Education in the country and students have achieved high grades consistently for the last 5-years
- You’ll receive all the same benefits as studying at a university including receiving student discounts, access to student accommodation and use of the facilities at The University of Salford and The University of Bolton, including the students union, societies and libraries
- Part-time work is also available with the highest paid HE Ambassador programme in Greater Manchester
Known best for her success on 2015’s Britain’s Got Talent, Ella is an accomplished musician whose talents were nurtured in the classrooms of FutureSkills. The singer-songwriter, who got to the semi-finals of Simon Cowell’s hit show, Britain’s Got Talent, wowed judges in her first audition with an original song, ‘Summertime’. Judges insisting from the outset, ‘she’s one to watch’.
Since the show Ella has gone on to perform around the world. She released her debut album, ‘Imperfections’ last year and now has her own performing arts school, Ella Shaw’s Academy of Arts.
Ella said about her journey: “it’s a long hard path. Things get thrown at you all the time from all directions. But I’m so content with where I am now, all the hard work was definitely worth it.”
Are you interested in a career in music? Both school leaver and Higher Education enrolment continues throughout September. To find out how to secure your place please contact us on 0161 631 5000.