Access to University Courses
Want to study a degree but don’t have the qualifications?
Access to University courses are Level 3 programmes of study and are designed to prepare adult students for study at university. They are aimed at people who would like to study at degree-level but who left school without the usual qualifications, such as A-levels. Many Access students go on to succeed at university and beyond, with a large number of learners pursuing new careers in a variety of directions.
At the moment, the Access course is offered on a full-time basis only.
- Nursing and Allied Health Care Professions
- Professions in Art
- Professions in Business & Finance
- Professions in Business Management
- Professions in Computing & Information Technology
- Professions in Construction & The Built Environment
- Professions in Creative Writing & Media
- Professions in Education
- Professions in Engineering
- Professions in English & Creative Writing
- Professions in Forensics
- Professions in Humanities & Social Science
- Professions in Legal Studies
- Professions in Media Make-Up & Special Effects
- Professions in Midwifery
- Professions in Psychology of Crime
- Professions in Science
- Professions in Social Work and Primary Education
‘Entry to’ courses are is for adults who haven’t completed traditional Level 2 qualifications such as five GCSEs at grade C or above:
- Entry to Nursing and Health Professions
- Entry to Professions in Business
- Entry to Professions in Humanities
- Entry to Professions in Science
- Entry to Professions in Creative & Digital Technologies
Please note that many universities require GCSE maths and English. In particular, Midwifery is a highly competitive area and you will also need a GCSE in science.
Remember: the Access course does not guarantee a university place – many factors will influence your chances of being accepted such as performance at interview, availability of places, commitment to study and so on.
For those students who do not have GCSEs in Maths and English or are not ready for this course, Entry to Access courses are available.
Apply now for September by completing our application form.