Information for Parents/Guardians
We value parents’/guardians’ support and want to work in partnership with you to maximise your son/daughter’s success on their course.
You can help us by:
- Encouraging your son/daughter to be on time for class.
- Ensuring that we have your correct contact details.
- Attending the parents’ evenings during the year – these give you the opportunity to meet staff and check on your son/daughter’s progress.
- Encouraging your son/daughter to tell us about any concerns they have regarding their studies and life at college.
- Not taking your son/daughter out of college for family holidays during term time.
- Ensuring your son/daughter wears their ID card to college each day. This is so that we can identify students at all times.
We believe that working together with parents/guardians is key to our students’ success.
Parent Portal provides parents/guardians with instant access to your son/daughter’s progression, attendance and timetable.
The portal has been designed to improve home and College communication and to provide parents/guardians with a more informed view of their son or daughter’s progress at college, enabling meaningful conversations at home.
View instructions here.
Register now at http://portal.salfordcc.ac.uk/.