Individuals have a number of rights in relation to their personal data. These rights might change depending on the lawful basis for processing your data, but they might include
- a right to find out details about data processing, if the College holds your information and what it is being used for. You all this right in all circumstances;
- a right of access, to a copy of the information comprising your personal data referred to as a Subject Access Request (SAR);
- a right to object to processing that is likely to cause or is causing you damage or distress;
- a right to prevent processing for direct marketing;
- a right to object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- a right in certain circumstances to have personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed;
If you would like to raise a query or, request some action regarding one of your individual rights, please contact our data protection officer on email@example.com. We will respond to your query within one month, and more quickly if possible.
The ICO’s website provides further information on the scope of these rights and how to exercise them
What can you expect from SCC Group
- manage your request promptly. There is a requirement on SCC Group to respond to requests within 28 days and will ensure we meet this and where possible respond far sooner
- ensure our registration with the Information Commissioners Office is current and kept up to date;
- ensure any third parties who have access to or share our data follow the College’s policies and procedures. Either we have either a Data Sharing Agreement or a Data Processing Agreement, which will allow third parties to act lawfully on the behalf of the College
- ensure all College employees involved in the collection and processing of personal data are aware of their responsibilities to provide adequate protection and safeguards against unlawful disclosure
- be helpful, honest, professional, courteous and consistent.
- provide the relevant information that you need.
- take ownership of your query.
- be realistic in what we say we can or can’t do.
- treat your personal data as confidential; and keep it secure.
- listen to your comments and feedback on how we can make a better service.
Students: If you wish to exercise one of your rights in relation to your personal data, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note if you are seeking access to our personal data (a Subject Access Request), we may require you to confirm your identity. Your request can be delivered to the college’s headquarters at Pendleton Sixth Form College, Dronfield Road, Salford, M6 7FR or by emailing our data protection officer at email@example.com.