Early Years Childcare (Vocational)
You will have the opportunity to study in our brand-new facilities, including a simulated nursery environment. You will complete a range of insightful placement experiences in Ofsted rated ‘Good’ and ‘Outstanding’ early years settings, working with a variety of age ranges between 0 – 7 years-old. This will provide you with valuable skills that will enhance your studies and prepare you for employment.
What will I study?
A range of units including:
- Children’s physical, intellectual, emotional and social development
- Development of children’s communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Complete current research in early years practice
- Study around the early year’s foundation stage standards
- Creative activities for children
- You will also complete your practice education portfolio documenting all
your early years’ experiences
HOW ARE THE COURSES ASSESSED?
At level 1 and 2 the course is assessed by 100% coursework. Level 2 also
requires students to complete 300 hours minimum, mandatory work experience in a
range of early year’s settings. At level 3, you will be assessed by a range of
controlled assessments, examinations, coursework and complete 750 hours minimum
mandatory work experience in a range of early years settings over the two
What enrichment will there be?
- Talks from industry specialists. You will benefit from guest speakers from a range of vocationally relevant areas including early years practitioners
- A range of trips to enhance the early years curriculum including visits to Eureka, the theatre, Kidz to Adultz North and many more
Intermediate level courses require four grade 3s at GCSE.<br/> For advanced Vocational courses, students are required to have five grade 4s at GCSE, which must include either English or mathematics.
Be inspired to succeed and progress onto Higher Education, Higher Apprenticeship or employment. Employment opportunities could include becoming a primary school teacher, early years practitioner, nanny, crèche worker, youth worker or family support worker.
|Name||Available at:||Start Date||Academic Yr|
|Early Years Practitioner Diploma Level 2||Eccles Sixth Form College||05/09/2022||22/23|
|Childcare and Education Diploma Level 3 (Top Up) (Adults Loan Only)||Eccles Sixth Form College||06/09/2022||22/23|
|Childcare Diploma Level 2||Worsley College||05/09/2022||22/23|
To add a course to your application, click 'Apply', once you have selected all your courses, click 'My Applications' top right, to continue the application process.