Our BTEC Sport pathway combines the theoretical aspects of sport whilst allowing you to develop your practical skills, which will equip you with the necessary knowledge and skills to progress onto Higher Education or employment. During the practical elements of the course, you will utilise our outstanding facilities, including the all-weather 4G pitch, sports performance laboratory,t and the state-of-the-art fi tness suites. For students passionate about football and rugby, the college works in partnership with both the Manchester United Foundation and Salford Red Devils to provide excellent football and rugby pathways.
You will study all aspects of sports participation and performance through topics such as anatomy and physiology, sports coaching, fi tness testing and training, sport management, and a wide range of other sports-related subjects, providing a balance of both practical and theoretical study.
- Written assessments
- Practical and skills assessments
- Presentations to staff and students
- Professional discussions
- Event organisation and management
- Analysis of sport performance
- Client consultations
What enrichment will there be?
- Community cohesion projects with the Manchester United Foundation, Salford Community Leisure, and Salford Youth Alliance
- Visiting speakers from a variety of sporting backgrounds
- Opportunities to take part in adventurous activities such as water sports and rock climbing
- Visits to high-profi le sporting events
- Three Peaks Challenge
- Residentials to complete outdoor and adventurous activities
- Opportunities to complete in regional and national competitions in a variety of sports including volleyball, netball, rugby, cross country, swimming, or cricket
Intermediate level courses require four grade 3s at GCSE.<br/> For advanced Vocational courses, students are required to have five grade 4s at GCSE, which must include either English or mathematics.
Many of our students progress onto higher level study in subjects such as sports injuries, coaching and development, leisure and the fi tness industry, sports management, and media. A growing number of students elect to stay with us to complete their HNC/D in Sport and Exercise Science. Alternatively you may choose to progress directly into the industry through higher-level apprenticeships or full-time employment.
|Name||Available at:||Start Date||Academic Yr|
|Sport Extended Certificate Level 2||Eccles Sixth Form College||05/09/2023||23/24|
|Sport National Foundation Diploma Level 3||Eccles Sixth Form College||05/09/2023||23/24|
To add a course to your application, click 'Apply', once you have selected all your courses, click 'My Applications' top right, to continue the application process.