Animal Management (General) HNC
The Animal Management HNC offers students a broad introduction to the subject area with a core of learning and a selection of optional units. This course provides a solid grounding on which they can build on if they wish to continue study at Level 5 HND and in turn employment of a BSc in Animal Management
The objectives of the Pearson BTEC Higher Nationals in Animal Management are as follows:
– To equip students with Animal Management skills, knowledge and the understanding necessary to achieve high performance in the global Animal Management environment.
– To provide education and training for a range of careers in Animal Management, including Animal Behaviour and Welfare, Animal Science, Veterinary Practice Management and Equine Management.
– To provide insight and understanding into the diversity of roles within Animal Management, recognising the importance of collaboration at all levels.
– To equip students with knowledge and understanding of culturally diverse organisations, cross-cultural issues, diversity and values.
– To provide opportunities for students to enter or progress in employment in Animal Management, or progress to higher education qualifications such as an Honours degree in Animal Behaviour and Welfare, Animal Science, Equine Science or a related area.
– To provide opportunities for students to develop the skills, techniques and personal attributes essential for successful working lives.
– To support students to understand the local, regional and global context of Animal Management and, for those students with a global outlook, to aspire to international career pathways.
– To provide students with opportunities to address contemporary issues facing the industry, and society at large; with particular emphasis on sustainability and the environment, recognising the role that Animal Management plays in addressing these issues.
UCAS (www.ucas.com) APPLICATION CODES
Course Code: AM01
Institution Code: S11
Campus Name: Eccles Sixth Form College
What Will I study
The core units are: – Animal Health and Welfare – Business and the Business Environment – Managing a successful project (set by the awarding body) In addition, students will study optional units around the theme of animal behaviour, and anatomy and physiology and may also look at more specific units such as Animal Collection Management or Management of Exotic species accessing the extensive collection of animals at the centre cared for by our dedicated Keeper Team.
UCAS Tariff: 48-64 Points
A minimum of three GCSEs at Grade C/4-5 or above including Maths and English
|Name||Available at:||Start Date||Academic Year|
|Animal Management (General) HNC||Eccles Sixth Form College||20/09/2021||21/22|