Art & Design (Graphic Design) HND
The objectives of this course are as follows:
– To equip students with the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to achieve high performance in the global graphic design environment.
– To provide insight and understanding into the diversity of roles, recognising the importance of collaboration at all levels.
– To equip students with knowledge and understanding of culturally diverse organisations, cross-cultural issues, diversity and values.
– To provide opportunities for students to enter or progress in employment in fashion, or progress to higher education qualifications such as an Honours degree in Graphic Design, or a related area.
– To provide opportunities for students to develop the skills, techniques and personal attributes essential for successful working lives.
– To support students to understand the local, regional and global context of graphic design.
– To provide students with opportunities to address contemporary issues facing the industry, and society at large, with particular emphasis on sustainability and the environment, recognising the role that graphic design plays in addressing these issues.
– To provide opportunities for students to achieve a nationally-recognised qualification within their chosen area of specialisation.
– To provide opportunities for students to achieve certifications.
– To offer students the chance of career progression in their chosen field, with particular emphasis on achieving management-level positions, professional recognition and beyond.
– To offer a balance between employability skills and the knowledge essential for students with entrepreneurial, employment or academic aspirations.
– To provide students with the context in which to consider professional ethics and their relation to personal, professional and statutory responsibilities within the industry.
UCAS (www.ucas.com) APPLICATION CODES
Course Code: GD02
Institution Code: S11
Campus Name: Pendleton Sixth Form College
Campus Code: P
What Will I study
Core Units at Level 4 include:
– Professional Development
– Contextual Studies
– Individual Project (Pearson-set)
– Techniques & Processes
– Screen-based Practice
– Graphic Design Practices
– Communication in Art & Design
Core Units at Level 5 include:
– Professional Practice
– Applied Practice Collaborative Project (Pearson set)
– Advanced Graphic Design Studies
– Branding & Identity
– Art Direction
– Digital Animation
UCAS Tariff: 48 points
Applicants should have 5 GCSE including English and Maths at C/4 (or equivalent)
|Name||Available at:||Start Date||Academic Year|
|Art & Design (Graphic Design) HND||Pendleton Sixth Form College||20/09/2021||21/22|