HND Animal Management (Level 5)
The Animal Management HND offers students the opportunity to continue on the general pathway designed to provide a broad range of knowledge to support progression into relevant occupational areas like animal behaviour and welfare e.g., Animal Keeper or Wildlife Technician or on to degree level study.
The objectives of the Pearson BTEC Higher Nationals in Animal Management are as follows:
– To equip students with Animal Management skills, knowledge and the understanding necessary to achieve high performance in the global Animal Management environment.
– To provide education and training for a range of careers in Animal Management, including Animal Behaviour and Welfare, Animal Science, Veterinary Practice Management and Equine Management.
– To provide insight and understanding into the diversity of roles within Animal Management, recognising the importance of collaboration at all levels.
– To equip students with knowledge and understanding of culturally diverse organisations, cross-cultural issues, diversity and values.
– To provide opportunities for students to enter or progress in employment in Animal Management, or progress to higher education qualifications such as an Honours degree in Animal Behaviour and Welfare, Animal Science, Equine Science or a related area.
– To provide opportunities for students to develop the skills, techniques and personal attributes essential for successful working lives.
– To support students to understand the local, regional and global context of Animal Management and, for those students with a global outlook, to aspire to international career pathways.
– To provide students with opportunities to address contemporary issues facing the industry, and society at large; with particular emphasis on sustainability and the environment, recognising the role that Animal Management plays in addressing these issues.
What Will I study
The core units at Level 5 (in addition to the appropriate Level 4 Higher National Certificate) are: – Biological Principles – Research project (set by the awarding body) In addition students will study optional units based on themes around animal behaviour, and anatomy and physiology and may also look at more specific units such as Animal Breeding and Genetics. They may have the opportunity to investigate areas such as Animal Ethics or Evolution accessing the extensive collection of animals at the centre cared for by our dedicated Keeper Team.
HNC or other Level 4 qualification in a related subject area (e.g. Animal Management)
|Name||Available at:||Start Date||Academic Year|
|Animal Management HND (Year 1 of 2) (Level 5)||Eccles Sixth Form College||18/09/2023||23/24|