This course allows students the opportunity to explore a range of creative disciplines from textiles manipulation, painting and drawing through to working in three dimensions (for example sculpture or ceramics) and print. We actively promote an experimental approach to developing ideas and creating work. We want students to be ambitious, inventive, motivated and above all creative. The course is mostly practical, supported by contextual enquiry to broaden students’ knowledge base and understanding. It is split into two elements, Personal Investigation (which involves the development of a personalised portfolio and related outcomes supported by a short, written essay) and Externally Set Assignment (which involves the development of ideas from initial research which are then refined into final outcomes based on a set theme). The Personal Investigation element is worth 60% of the overall grade and the Externally Set Assignment the remaining 40%.The first year focuses on building knowledge, understanding and practical skills through working on teacher set themes and mini assignment briefs. The second year becomes more focused on each student’s personal creative journey and the development of their personal ideas.All work is externally moderated to ensure fairness of assessment and that national standards are maintained.You can follow us on:Instagram: @pendletonschoolofcreativeartsTwitter: @creativeartspen
Students will need three Grade 5s and three Grade 4s including a Grade 5 in GCSE (or equivalent) English. They should also have a broad range of GCSEs 9-4 (A*-C) and preferably a GCSE (or vocational) qualification in a creative subject. For applicants without a previous qualification in art and design, they would need to demonstrate a keen interest in the subject through a creative portfolio. We do not allow students to enroll on creative A levels without sufficient knowledge and skills to be able cope with the rigour and demands of study.
To add a course to your application, click 'Apply', once you have selected all your courses, click 'My Applications' top right, to continue the application process.
|Name||Available At||Start Date||Academic Yr||Apply|
|Art (A-Level) (Level 3)||Pendleton Sixth Form College||03/09/2024||24/25|
|Art (A-Level) (Level 3)||Pendleton Sixth Form College||05/09/2023||23/24|
Please confirm you are applying to start in the