Level 2 Duration 15 months Delivery Model Day release (during college term
time) Delivery Location Workplace and Worsley for day
release Start Date September
Day release (during college term time)
Workplace and Worsley for day release
On successful completion of this programme, an apprentice will be able to carry out consultations with clients, demonstrate professionalism, and develop excellent communication skills and safe working practices. They will be able to work without supervision to a high level of professionalism.
This apprenticeship is perfect for anyone with little or no experience in the beauty therapy. It will provide you with the skills to break into the beauty therapy industry!
Beauty therapists carry out beauty therapy treatments in line with legal, industry and organisational requirements. They maintain and record details of beauty treatment consultations with clients and choose and recommend the most appropriate treatments and products for them.
What will you learn?
- Professionalism and values, legal, industry and organisational requirements including quality assurance systems, time and self-management principles, standards of appearance, personal hygiene, etiquette, housekeeping, consumer rights, data protection, client journey, customer service, sales, product knowledge and after care, communication skills, complaint handling and problem solving
- Safe working practices including safe use of tools, equipment, materials and products, workplace housekeeping; cleaning, disinfection, sterilisation, waste disposal, supplier or manufacturer’s instructions, protection of self and client, direct and indirect cross-infection, contraindications and contra-actions, methods that promote environmental and sustainable working practices, how to recognise and reduce the risk of injury to self and others
- Types of equipment and products, waxing services and how these are carried out
- The structure and function of the skin and hair
- The hair growth cycle and factors that affect hair growth
- The techniques, tools and equipment used within hand and nail treatments, the anatomy and physiology of hands, lower arms, nails and skin
- The techniques, tools and equipment used within foot treatments, the anatomy and physiology of the lower leg, foot, nails and skin
- The techniques, tools and equipment used for facial treatments, the anatomy and physiology of the face, the structure and function of the skin, including of skin conditions
- The techniques, tools and equipment used for eyebrow artistry and their effects, to colour eyelashes, and to attach, maintain and remove semi-permanent and temporary eyelashes
- The techniques, tools and equipment used to create different make-up effects for different occasions
- Correct use, application and benefits of massage techniques, the anatomy and physiology of the body and systems
How is it delivered and assessed?
The on-programme learning is delivered via knowledge and skills sessions during the college day release programme, candidates will also produce a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate the development of knowledge, skills and behaviours which will include knowledge tests, evidence from the workplace, observation of the candidate with clients both in the workplace and in the college salon.
- Level 2 Diploma for Beauty Professionals - Beauty Therapist
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English (unless previously achieved)
- Functional Skills Level 2 in maths (unless previously achieved)
End Point Assessment
End Point Assessment for this qualification consists of a multiple choice knowledge test and an independent observation of the candidate working on a minimum of two clients undertaking a range of treatments including: waxing, hand, foot and nail treatments, facial, eyebrow, make-up and massage.
- English and maths at level 1
- Apprentices must be in suitable employment have the opportunity to develop all required knowledge, skills and behaviours aligned to this apprenticeship standard