ENROLMENT CONTINUES THROUGHOUT SEPTEMBER…
Clearing is now open here at the University Centre at Salford City College! So, whether you have yet to decide where you want to study, or are worried you may not have the grades you need, you can now give us a call on 0161 631 5075. We have places available on a wide range of courses, and can talk to you about your options.
The UCAS Clearing process is:
From 5 July to 20 September, you can apply for a course using Clearing if you’re not already holding an offer from a university or college, if the course still has places.
You can use Clearing if:
- you’re applying after 30 June
- you didn’t receive any offers (or none you wanted to accept)
- you didn’t meet the conditions of your offers
How does Clearing work?
Clearing is how the University Centre at Salford City College fill any places we still have on our courses. It’s an ideal way for you to find another course. You find courses (with vacancies) that interest you, and contact us directly, to see if we can offer you a place.
- If you haven’t already applied, you need to register and make an application, but you’ll only be able to add a choice after you’ve submitted it. UCAS will send you a welcome email, with details of how to access ‘Track’, and your Clearing number. They’ll also tell you the steps you need to follow
- You’ll know you’re in Clearing if your ‘Track’ status says ‘You are in Clearing’ or ‘Clearing has started’
- If ‘Track’ doesn’t say either of these yet, it might just be waiting for your results to update. Get back in touch if it’s taking a while – they might still be considering you, even if your results are a bit lower than required
- If you originally only applied for one course for the reduced fee of £13, you’ll have to pay an additional £11 to apply through Clearing
- Ask for Clearing advice
Talk to an adviser here at college – they can talk you through alternative courses/subjects
- See what courses are available
Use the UCAS search tool to find courses, or look on our website. If you can’t find the exact course you’re looking for:
- Consider different subjects – you don’t have to stick with your original idea
- Keep checking – we update our course information regularly
- Talk to any us about any courses you’re interested in
Before you add a Clearing choice in ‘Track’, call us here at college and give us your Clearing number (you can find this in ‘Track’), and Personal ID, so we can look up your application
- Add your Clearing choice in ‘Track’
Only add a Clearing choice once you have permission from us here at college.
- Click ‘Add Clearing choice’, and fill in the course details we give you on the phone
- This counts as you definitely accepting the offer, so if we confirm, it’ll show as an acceptance on your ‘Choices’ page in ‘Track’
- You can only add one choice at a time, but if we don’t confirm your place, you’ll be able to add another
Any questions, give us a call on: 0161 631 5075
Lines are open:
Thursday 15 August, 7.00am – 7.00pm
Friday 16 August, 8.00am – 6.00pm
Saturday 17 August, 10.00am – 2.00pm
From Monday 19 August:
Monday to Thursday – between 8.30am and 4.00pm
Friday – between 8.30am and 3.00pm