|Location||Eccles Sixth Form College|
|Contract Type||All Year Round|
|Salary||£24,830-£41,122 (Pro rata salary £14,898-£24,673.20)|
|Posted||01 Sep 2023|
|Closing Date||01 Oct 2023|
About the role
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to join this successful and highly motivated department at Eccles Sixth Form College as a 0.6 Teacher of Science. The department offers a varied curriculum from Level 1 to Level 3 Applied Science with a strong focus on progression and is supported with well-equipped laboratories to merge theory and practical learning. The successful candidate will be able to bring their own expertise to this dedicated and high achieving department.
The successful candidate will have a degree or equivalent in a related subject along with a teaching qualification (or working towards) and relevant vocational experience in the science industry. You will have the opportunity to deliver on a wide range of courses across the applied science courses.
Science teachers with a chemistry and/or physics background will be prioritised.
You will be well motivated, responsive to change and innovative with good communication skills.
REASONS TO JOIN US
- We have Generous Terms and Conditions (Sixth Form College’s Association style terms and conditions) including 13 weeks holiday (195 days in College).
- We have a 3pm finish on Fridays, Free on-site parking and various health and wellbeing resources and benefit schemes including Staff Wellbeing days throughout the year.
- We offer automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer pension contribution.
- Our College is an incredible community, there is a lot that staff and their families can get involved with.
- We have family friendly policies and we are happy to talk about flexible working.
- We invest in our people and offer a range of training & career opportunities for all staff as part of our Be Outstanding Development programme.
- We have an amazing Staff Benefits Package with discounts and savings for supermarkets, petrol, high-street retailers, holidays, cinemas and other leisure.
- Our shared purpose: We believe in the value of education for a successful future and we want the best for our learners and our staff.
- Our core values are at the heart of everything we do. Staff and students behave with respect, integrity and kindness.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button which will take you to the College Recruitment page. If this is your first application, you will need to complete the Registration form. If returning please login to access your profile.
Once you have created an account / profile or logged in you will see a list of jobs with another ‘Apply’ button. Click the ‘Apply’ button to open a form allowing you to add a personal statement for the select Job role. Click Submit and your application will be complete.
COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees.
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY
Equality and Diversity is embedded in everything we do. We welcome applications from people from all backgrounds