|Term Time Only
|£20,984 (Pro rata salary £11,541.20)
|07 Feb 2024
|25 Feb 2024
About the role
Worsley College seeks to appoint a Pastoral Coach to raise the motivation, confidence and achievement levels of our students. You will act as an advocate for students and will assist in key areas of student development, including monitoring and supporting the development of personal and social skills, removing barriers that may impact on the progress students are making, and supporting students to improving their levels of resilience and behaviour for learning. The role will be working closely with a variety of different learners on vocational and occupational courses. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal and organisational skills. You will be experienced in providing support to young people and have the ability to motivate and inspire. You must be qualified to at least A-Level standard, or equivalent, and training in relevant areas such as counselling, first aid or child protection is desirable.
REASONS TO JOIN US
- We have Generous Terms and Conditions (Sixth Form College’s Association style terms and conditions) ) including 13 weeks not in college (195 days in College).
- We have a 3pm finish on Fridays, Free on-site parking and various health and wellbeing resources and benefit schemes including 2 Staff Wellbeing days per year.
- We offer automatic enrolment to the Local Government Pension Scheme with 20.70% employer pension contribution.
- Our College is an incredible community, there is a lot that staff and their families can get involved with.
- We have family friendly policies and we are happy to talk about flexible working.
- We invest in our people and offer a range of training & career opportunities for all staff as part of our Be Outstanding Development programme.
- We have an amazing Staff Benefits Package with discounts and savings for supermarkets, petrol, high-street retailers, holidays, cinemas and other leisure.
- Our shared purpose: We believe in the value of education for a successful future and we want the best for our learners and our staff.
- Our core values are at the heart of everything we do. Staff and students behave with respect, integrity and kindness.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button which will take you to the College Recruitment page. If this is your first application, you will need to complete the Registration form. If returning please login to access your profile.
Once you have created an account / profile or logged in you will see a list of jobs with another ‘Apply’ button. Click the ‘Apply’ button to open a form allowing you to add a personal statement for the select Job role. Click Submit and your application will be complete.
COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees.
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY
The College strives to be a diverse and inclusive community and welcomes applications from people from all backgrounds.
|Job Description - Pastoral Coach.pdf
|Pastoral Coach Fixed Term Advert.pdf