22 January 2020

Students from FutureSkills at MediaCityUK travelled down to Birmingham for the last stage of the WorldSkills competition.   WorldSkills UK is a set of dynamic skills competitions for young people and adults, designed and delivered by industry experts. They run each year in over 70 skills across the UK. Top scorers from across the regional heats and selection events are invited to compete at National Finals at WorldSkills UK Live.   Attracting more than 75,000 visitors, the competition is the pinnacle for skill recognition and proudly supports technical training in the UK and is dubbed as the ‘skills Olympics’.   Students at FutureSkills at MediaCityUK did extremely well and won the I.T Inclusive Skills for Business award, as well as runners-up in the following categories:
  • IT Technician
  • IT Software Solutions
  This is a fantastic achievement for the students as it is the first time the department has entered the competition.   After winning the I.T Inclusive Skills for Business competition, our 4 ICG leaners were invited to the Grand Final at WorldSkills Live in Birmingham to compete against some of the best in the country.

The four competitors were:

• Hubat Neeha
  • Ryan Walsh
  • Wojciech Andrzejczak
  • Jordan Furniss

After a close and challenging competition, Wojciech excelled and won the Bronze medal. Commenting on his achievement, he said: “The trip to Birmingham for WorldSkills was a really great experience and I believe it helped many of the students understand what they could do with their skills for when they left college.”

“The best bit was winning my bronze medal. I liked it all a lot. We have a very good team at FutureSkills and I enjoyed the trips.“

The head of I.T, Computing & Games, Lee Chadwick, said: “The team of teaching staff are always made up when our students receive acknowledgement for their efforts. This is another great example of how hard our students and staff work together to progress that extra mile. It’s just a great resonating message of all that is good at FutureSkills.

If you are interested in studying I.T, Computing & Games at FutureSkills at MediaCityUK, then click here for more information.