Course Feature: Study Childhood Studies at Higher Level
21 August 2018
Are you caring? Do you love children and find yourself considering embarking upon a career in childcare, teaching or social work, but don’t know where to start? Whatever your level of education, situation or age, we can help.
Here are just a few of the careers our qualifications can lead to:
- Early Years Practitioner
- Nursery Manager
- Social Worker
- Family Support Worker
- Primary School Teacher
- Learning Mentor
Social workers can earn anything up to £40,000 per year with primary school teachers making anything up to £31,100.
Who are these qualifications for?
Access to Higher Education courses do exactly as they say on the tin, help students gain access to university courses. If your heart is set on going to university but you don’t have the qualifications, then an access course is for you.
Foundations Degrees and Level 6 courses are Higher Education courses that are shorter than full degrees. You can then go on to gain a full honours degree should you choose. These are the perfect introduction to the subject.
Highlights of studying at the University Centre at Salford City College
- Studying at a college means cheaper fees
- Smaller class sizes mean more one-on-one teacher-student support
- We have the highest quality rating for Higher Education in the country and students have achieved high grades consistently for the last 5-years
- You’ll receive all the same benefits as studying at a university including receiving student discounts, access to student accommodation and use of the facilities at The University of Salford and The University of Bolton, including the students union, societies and libraries
- Part-time work is also available with the highest paid HE Ambassador programme in Greater Manchester
Highlights of Studying Childhood Studies
- A qualification in childhood studies opens many doors and you’ll be sure to find yourself a rewarding and fulfilling career doing something you love
- The college provides excellent opportunities for work placements
Are you interested in a career in childcare, teaching or social work? It’s not too late to get a place on a university course for this September, call our Clearing line on: 0161 631 5075.