Outstanding Student Survey Results

Well over 5000 Salford City College students took part in a Student Satisfactory Survey in December and the College is proud to say that the results were outstanding and students feel happy, safe and that they are well supported and treated fairly.

Students have also completed an Ofsted Learner Survey which further confirms that students are supported and feel they are being prepared for the next steps, and 92% of students saying they would recommend Salford City College to a friend.

The statements with the highest satisfaction scores included, ‘The teaching on my course is good’, ‘My teachers know their subjects well’, ‘I get enough help from my teacher’, ‘Teachers encourage me to behave well and to work hard’, and ‘Teaching and learning resources are good and my course is well organised’.

“Students receive the support they need to help them progress”

– Ofsted Learner Survey 

The statement, ‘My course is well organised’, received one of the highest rates out of the 100 General Further Education Colleges and 480k respondents who took part in the survey, scoring 7% above benchmark.
Salford City College has recently invested £9million into developing the estates and facilities including a huge focus on e-learning and brand new state of the art Digital Learning Zones with the introduction of an online learning tool named Canvas. 95% of students confirmed that ‘Teachers regularly place course materials on canvas for me.’

“Students feel enabled and empowered to use technology and online resources to support their learning”

– Ofsted Learner Survey

The College has also achieved Matrix re-accreditation for student support, and the Counselling Service was noticed for its triage approach and the involvement of trainees. The Matrix Standard also added that the services’ resources and information were readily available either in paper format or online.
A-Level student, Olech Mak who studies at Pendleton Sixth Form Centre said, “I can’t speak about the college highly enough, my tutors are approachable, friendly and supportive and my lessons are engaging and interesting”.

“92% of students said they would recommend Salford City College to a friend”

– Ofsted Learner Survey

CEO & Principal, John Spindler said, “It is incredibly important to us to have feedback from our students. I hold Principal’s Question Time once a term at each of our centres in order to listen to the student voice and we also carry out this Student Survey each year to ensure that we are meeting the needs of our students.

Helpdesk Software