Lead Practitioner in Adult Care
|Typical Duration||18 Months|
|Delivery Model||One-to-one Support|
|Delivery Location||Workplace with occasional college attendance (where necessary)|
A Lead Practitioner in Adult Care, on completion of this standard, will:
- Guide and inspire team members to make positive differences to someone’s life when they are faced with physical, practical, social, emotional, psychological or intellectual challenges
- Be recognised as a lead practitioner within the team, working to promote and sustain a values-based culture at an operational level
- Have a greater depth of knowledge and expertise of particular conditions experienced by the user of services, with specialist skills and knowledge in their area of responsibility, allowing them to lead in those areas
- Be a coach and mentor to others, will have a role in assessing performance and quality of care delivery, in any of a variety of settings
On completion, apprentices will know and understand:
- Tasks and responsibilities of the role
- How to contribute to and maintain a culture which ensures dignity is at the centre of practice
- Communicate effectively, overcoming barriers, and can use a range of technologies to enhance communication
- Understands the legal and ethical frameworks in relation to confidentiality and sharing of information
- Safeguarding legislation and the national and local solutions for adults and children including reporting requirements
- Know the models of monitoring, reporting and responding to changes in health and well-being
- Holistic solutions to promote and maintain wellbeing using person centred approaches
- The importance of effective partnerships including inter agency, joint and integrated working
- Have goals and aspirations that support own professional development and access
On completion, apprentices will:
- Competently undertake the tasks and responsibilities of the role
- Implement a culture that actively promotes dignity, respecting diversity and inclusion
- Model high levels of empathy, understanding and compassion
- Model effective and appropriate communication by all means applying the appropriate organisational requirements
- Apply and support others to adhere to safeguarding procedures
- Work in partnership with external agencies in response to safeguarding concerns
- Applya person-centred approach to health and wellbeing, and collaborates with external partners to achieve best outcomes
- Take the lead in their own and others personal and professional development
- Lead robust, values-based recruitment and selection
- Contribute to the induction process
- Consistently show care, compassion, courage, communication, competence, commitment
What will you learn?
Apprentices will learn a range of skills to aligned to the knowledge, skills and behaviours detailed above.
The standard achievement will support mobility within the sector to enable the apprentice to learn more about other sectors, and advance career prospects to continue to develop.
How is it delivered and assessed?
Elements of learning can be face-to-face tutorials by visit or remote digital means, directed study and research, learning in the workplace via practical demonstration, shadowing, instruction, simulation or by way of courses and reflection.
Assessment methods may include Q&A, work products, observation of practice, witness accounts, and recognition of prior learning.
- Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English (unless previously achieved)
- Functional Skills Level 2 in maths (unless previously achieved)
End Point Assessment
The end point assessment must be taken over a maximum of two days, and the apprentice must have four weeks preparation time – the two elements can be taken in any order, and a portfolio of evidence will be submitted to inform the professional discussion. The end point assessment will consist of:
- An observation of practice
- A professional discussion
- English and maths – Level 1
Apprentices must be in suitable employment be in a senior role or have the opportunity to develop all required knowledge, skills and behaviours aligned to this apprenticeship standard.
Interested in this apprenticeship? Apply now.