Employ An Apprentice
Apprenticeships at Salford City College are a leading training provider in Greater Manchester. This success is down to recruiting the right apprentices for the right employer, providing outstanding assessment support and providing additional support to apprentices and employers to ensure that apprentices stay on track and become a great asset to their employer.
Apprenticeships are recognised, government backed qualifications that equip people with the practical skills and knowledge they need to fulfil their role and ensure business success.
There are many benefits to you as the employer:
- Gain skilled qualified staff in a cost-effective way
- Address skill shortages
- Motivate your workforce
- Improve staff retention
- Enhance your productivity and profitability
- Introduce fresh new ideas
- Reduce recruitment costs
There are different grants and funding available for employers to support the costs of apprenticeships:
- The government currently pay 95% of the apprenticeship course fees for apprentices of any age.
- If you are a small business with less than 50 employees then you don’t pay anything towards the training costs of a 16-18 year old.
- All employers are entitled to a £1000 grant for employing a 16-18 year old apprentice.
- If you are a large employer with a payroll bill of £3million+ please see our information on the Apprenticeship Levy.
- Further grants may be available through the local authority or if you are a Construction employer you may be eligible to apply for apprentice grants through the CITB.
- The Salford Skills for Business Apprenticeship Fund supports small to medium (SME) employers within Salford who do not have access to the levy. Please see information on the fund here.
Apprenticeships for your business can be delivered to your existing workforce or to new recruits, so why not take advantage of our free, professional recruitment and selection service, and employ an apprentice today?