The College is currently implementing our educational continuity plan where your teaching and learning resources can be accessed online through our CANVAS, Moodle, Blackboard and Smart Assessor platforms.
We understand that you will be disappointed about not being able to complete your studies at college, and we can confirm that your external examinations and progression assessments will not take place in the summer term.
We would like to reassure you that if you continue to engage with your teachers and the online resources provided, you will be able to progress to the next level of your course. These methods will be highly effective in consolidating your knowledge and in preparing you for your next steps.
- Your teachers have created online resources to enable you to complete assignments and assessments at home.
- Your teachers are available for classes, 1:1 appointments and email support.
- You must be in regular contact with your teachers.
- You must complete the assignments, essays and research projects that your teacher asks you to do.
- You must ensure that all your work is completed on time and to a standard you can be proud of.
- You will have a progress test when you return to college to determine if you are ready to move to the next level.
It is very important that you fully engage with all the resources available, and work with your teachers between now and the end of the academic year in order to prepare for the progress test. These progression assessments will ensure you have mastered all the knowledge and skills required to successfully progress to the next year of your course.
We would like to extend our very best wishes to you and your family at what we know is a difficult time.
With best wishes,