Access to University Courses
Want to study a degree but haven’t got the qualifications?
Access to University courses are Level 3 programmes of study and are designed to prepare adult students for study at university. They are aimed at people who would like to study at degree-level but who left school without the usual qualifications, such as A-levels. Many Access students go on to succeed at university and beyond, with a large number of learners pursuing new careers in a variety of directions.
THURSDAY 14 JUNE 2018
5.00PM – 7.30Pm
Venue: Dakota Avenue, Salford, M50 2PU
At the moment, the Access course is offered on a full-time basis only. Click on a course below for the latest course information.
- Professions in Business & Finance
- Professions in Business Management
- Professions in Computing & Information Technology
- Professions in Legal Professions
- Professions in Media Make-Up & Special Effects
- Professions in Art
- Professions in Creative & Digital
- Professions in Forensics
- Nursing and Allied Health Care Professions
- Professions in Midwifery
- Professions in Childhood studies including social work
- Professions in Science
- Professions in Construction & The Built Environment
- Professions in Engineering
- Professions in Psychology of Crime
- Professions in English & Creative Writing
- Professions in Humanities & Social Science
‘Entry to’ courses are is for adults who haven’t completed traditional Level 2 qualifications such as five GCSEs at grade C or above:
- Entry to Professions in Business
- Entry to Professions in Science
- Entry to Nursing and Health Professions
Click on a course above for the latest course information.
Please note that many universities require GCSE maths and English. In particular, Midwifery is a highly competitive area and GCSEs in maths and English will be looked upon favourably if you are considering pursuing a career in this field.
Remember: the Access course does not guarantee a university place – many factors will influence your chances of being accepted such as performance at interview, availability of places, commitment to study and so on.
For those students who do not have GCSEs in Maths and English or are not ready for this course, Entry to Access courses are available.
Apply now for September by completing our Adult Application Form.