Information for Parents/Guardians
We value parents’/guardians’ support and want to work in partnership with you to maximise your son/daughter’s success on their course.
You can help us by:
- Encouraging your son/daughter to be on time for class.
- Ensuring that we have your correct contact details.
- Attending the parents’ evenings during the year – these give you the opportunity to meet staff and check on your son/daughter’s progress.
- Encouraging your son/daughter to tell us about any concerns they have regarding their studies and life at college.
- Not taking your son/daughter out of college for family holidays during term time.
- Ensuring your son/daughter wears their ID card to college each day. This is so that we can identify students at all times.
We believe that working together with parents/guardians is key to our students’ success.
We are very pleased to announce our new Parent Portal. This allows you instant access to your son/daughter’s progression, attendance and timetable.
The portal has been designed to improve home and college communication and to allow parents, carers and guardians to make a more informed view of their son or daughter’s progress at college, enabling meaningful conversations at home.
View instructions here.
Register now at http://portal.salfordcc.ac.uk/.
Dates for academic year 2018/2019 will be published in September 2018.
At the Parents’ Evenings we hope that you will be able to meet with your son/daughter’s tutor(s) so that you can see how they are progressing and discuss anything you would like to raise. Appointments are generally from 5.30pm – 8.00pm and light refreshments will be available. Your son/daughter should make appointments direct with their tutor(s).
Your son/daughter is also welcome to attend with you.