Pre-access and Access to Higher Education Enrolment


DID YOU KNOW? When you successfully complete your degree after your access course, your advanced learner loan with be written off.

INTERESTED? Call or 0161 631 5000 or drop-in to enrolment for advice and guidance, during college opening hours:

Monday: 10.00am – 4.00pm
Tuesday: 10.00am – 4.00pm
Wednesday: 10.00am – 4.00pm
Thursday: 10.00am – 4.00pm
Friday: 10.00am – 2.00pm

Please note that enrolment for all access courses is held at teh University Centre.

COURSES WE OFFER? We offer the following courses which are a perfect stepping stone to university for those students who do not have the typical entry requirements to get into university. 

  • Entry to Professions in Business
  • BTEC Level 2 Award in Principles of Applied Science
  • Entry to Access to Nursing and Health Professions
  • Access to Professions in Business and Finance, Management and Legal Professions
  • Access to Professions in Business Management
  • Access to Professions in Computing & Information Technology, 
  • Access to Professions in Media Make-up and Special Effects, 
  • Access to Professions in Art
  • Professions in Creative & Digital
  • Professions in Forensics
  • Nursing & Allied Health Care Professions
  • Access to Professions in Midwifery 
  • Access to Professions in Childcare (Including Children’s Social Work)
  • Access to Professions in Applied Science
  • Access to Professions in Construction & The Built Environment
  • Access to Professions in Engineering
  • Access to Professions in Psychology of Crime
  • Access to Professions in Humanities and Social Sciences
  • Access to Professions in Animal Management Subsidiary Diploma

What do I need for Enrolment?

Please bring the following documents with you to enrolment:

  • Your qualifications: Certificates for Level 2 and 3 qualifications such as GCSEs, A-levels or Diplomas (or transcripts for recently awarded qualifications).
  • Identification: You can bring with you one of the following documents – passport, driving license or birth certificate.
  • Employer Sponsorship (if applicable): If an employer sponsor is paying your fees, please bring with you a signed letter confirming this with the contact details of the employer invoice department.
  • Learner Support: If you are in receipt of Disability Support Allowance or have a disability or learning difficulty support plan, please bring proof of this to enrolment.

Advanced Learner Loan

If you are paying for your course via an Advanced Learner Loan, please note that it is your responsibility to ensure your student loan is in place. We have enclosed a Learner and Funding Information Letter that provides you with the information required to apply for your Advanced Learner Loan. If you have already applied for your Advanced Learner Load please bring your ‘notification of entitlement letter’. If you are yet to receive this notification, you must provide evidence that you have fully completed the application process. For guidance on making an application please click here. 

Other funding available

Adult Discretionary Learner Support Fund is available for adult learners to help towards accommodation, travel, course materials, equipment and childcare for those with a household income of less than £20,000.

Discretionary 20+ Childcare Fund helps learners aged 20 years and above with a contribution towards the cost of childcare (the childcare provider must be OFSTED registered).

Advanced Learning Loans Bursary Scheme is means tested, and you may be eligible to receive a payment of up to £50 per week. For further information or for more details on how to apply please email or contact Student service on 0161 631 5199.