If you are looking for a career in travel and tourism then this is the ideal course for you. You will build the knowledge and
understanding of tourism that is needed to continue studying or start working within this exciting industry.
WHAT WILL I STUDY?
You will cover a range of topics such as:
• The travel and tourism industry
• UK travel destinations
• Worldwide destinations
• Customer service
• Business and retail travel
• Employment opportunities within the travel and tourism industry
At advanced level you will have the opportunity to study more specialised units such as:
• Becoming a holiday rep
• The cruise market
• Events, conferences and exhibitions
• Hospitality providers
You will also learn employability skills.
There will be opportunities for you to demonstrate your knowledge, skills and understanding in a range of work-related
• Internal assignments: Work-related assignments set and marked by the centre
• External tasks: Practical, work-related tasks set and marked by Pearson
• Written exams: Written answers to practical questions set and marked by Pearson
Many of our students have already gone on to have successful careers in many lines of work including cabin crew, travel agents, customer service representatives or business executives. Our advanced level students have gone on to higher level study at college or university.
At advanced level you will be assessed through written and practical tasks. At intermediate level you will be assessed through written and practical tasks and will have two external examinations