This course is designed for those who wish to gain an understanding of the dynamic world of business. Our aim is to equip you with the widest range of up-to date business skills that will launch your career in this cutting edge professional environment.
There will also be an opportunity for you to take part in a Career Ready pathway which is delivered in conjunction with our employer volunteers who provide masterclasses, mentoring and workplace visits. Our Career Ready pathway also offers a six-week paid internship with one of our supportive employers.
WHAT WILL I STUDY?
You will study a wide range of business, retail and finance related modules with a mix of theory and practical activities, equipping you with the necessary skills to perform well within the business environment.
You will study topics such as:
• Business resources
• Finance and accounting
• Human resources
• Teamwork and leadership
• Fashion and retail
Activities can include:
• Residential trips to New York and London
• Business and industrial visits
• Visiting guest speakers
• A trip to Cadbury World
• University visits
Some students go directly into employment in finance, administrative or retail roles. Many advanced level students go on to university to study business, marketing, finance and management, or take up an apprenticeship. Other areas of potential employment and study include events management, law, business, IT, business management, accountancy and human resources.
There will be opportunities for you to demonstrate your knowledge, skills and understanding in a range of work related contexts:
• Internal assignments: Work-related assignments set and marked by the centre
• External tasks: Practical, work-related tasks set and marked by Pearson
• Written exams: Written answers to practical questions set and marked by Pearson
• Synoptic units: Students can demonstrate that they can apply skills, knowledge and techniques learned across the qualification