15 August 2019

Pendleton Sixth Form College has achieved an overall pass rate of 99% on both A-level and Vocational courses. Staff and students from the college are celebrating another year of outstanding results with a 100% pass rate in 50 individual subjects. Victoria Kielty, Head of Academic Studies, said: “We are delighted with the outstanding results our students have achieved. It has been an exceptionally successful year in terms of high grades and value added performance.” At Pendleton Sixth Form College, 72% of A-level students celebrated achieving top grades. Former Walkden High School pupil, Rachel Campbell, achieved an outstanding three A* grades in maths, further maths and physics, and will now be going to the University of Manchester to continue her studies in mathematics. The star student said: “I am really pleased with my results and thankful to all of my teachers at Pendleton Sixth Form College for helping me get these wonderful grades.”

(Rachel Campbell) 

Toochukwu Mike Azorji, who chose to study at Pendleton Sixth Form College because of its notably high pass rates, accomplished an impressive set of results which included two A* grades in biology and maths, and an A in chemistry. He now hopes to use his results to apply to study medicine at university and one day hopes to become a doctor.

(Toochukwu Mike Azorji)

Former All Hallows High School pupil, Charlotte Ellaby, said: “I am really excited I got into the university of my choice and will continue to study the subject I love.” She will now go on to study economics at Kings College, London after receiving an A* in law and three A grades in economics, maths and further maths.

(Charlotte Ellaby)

Georgia Reeves had equally inspiring results which secured her place studying cognitive neuroscience combined with psychology at the University of Manchester. After receiving her A* in psychology and two As in biology and art and design, she said: “It’s overwhelming to find out I have received even better grades then I expected and to finally know all my hard work has paid off. “The grades I achieved were thanks to the support of staff at Pendleton.”

(Georgia Reeves)

It was a similar story for those studying on Vocational courses, with 80% of students achieving high grades. Former Albion Academy pupil, Jessica Singh, achieved a triple distinction star in applied science, the highest possible grade for those studying on a Vocational course. She said: “I feel very relieved after receiving my results and it just shows hard work really does pay off.” Jessica has secured her place at the University of Salford studying biomedical science. She one day dreams of becoming a surgeon and is now well on her way to attaining her chosen career.

(Jessica Singh)

Eve Rowan, who previously attended Walkden High School, also achieved a triple distinction star and will now go on to study at the prestigious Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA). RADA is one of the oldest and most prestigious drama schools in the world and the musical theatre student is delighted to be attending the Royal Academy this September.

(Eve Rowan)

Enrolment for 2019 entry will begin on Thursday 22 August 2019. For more information please call 0161 631 5000 or email enquiries@salfordcc.ac.uk.