Pendleton Performing Arts: The Class of 2018

29 August 2018 

Students from Pendleton’s Centre of Excellence for Performing and Production Arts have continued securing places at leading drama, music and dance schools this year.

Students across all courses within the department including A-level Drama, A-level Dance and the BTEC Extended Diploma in Performing Arts, which specialise in either musical theatre, dance, drama or technical theatre, are going on to study at prestigious schools and universities.

Here are just some of the successes of our Class of 2018:

Aaron Shaw

Studied BTEC Extended Diploma in Performing Arts (Acting)

Aaron has been offered a place at East 15 Acting School to study a Certificate of Higher Education in Theatre Arts

“I initially chose Pendleton because of the accredited reputation it has in terms of performing arts – and it has definitely surpassed all expectations!

“The acting programme at Pendleton has been a real rollercoaster of a journey. From starting the course to finishing it, it’s amazing to see how much of a different person I have become. I have learnt so many different things and I accredit this to the fantastic teachers on this course. I have made some amazing memories and lifelong friends and couldn’t recommend this programme enough!”

Amelia Kenworthy

Amelia was offered a place at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts to study BA (Hons) Acting

RADA is a world-leading training facility for drama.

“Pendleton absolutely had the best course in acting. The college has great facilities and the staff are extremely supportive.

“I’ve particularly loved the Film and TV Unit as I really gained insight into what goes on behind the camera.”

Andile Mabhena

Studied BTEC Extended Diploma in Performing Arts (Dance)

Andile will be continuing his training at The Urdang Academy on the BA (Hons) in Professional Dance course

“This course has taught me everything I know about dance today. Before applying to this course, I never really had any training in dance so the intensity was phenomenal. The most enjoyable thing about the course was meeting new people passionate about the craft, pushing and driving themselves to become better. This made us feel like a family. I am proud to say that I will continue my training at Urdang this September.”

Caitlyn Brady

Studied BTEC Extended Diploma in Performing Arts (Musical Theatre)

Caitlyn will be staying on at Pendleton to study on the HNC Performing Arts Musical Theatre Course.

“Pendleton College creates a safe space where you feel you can express yourself as a performer. Every time I step into a studio I am always inspired by the students, teachers and training I am given which have given me the skills to reach my goals in the industry.

“Your time at Pendleton are years you will never forget.”

Charlotte Webster

Charlotte will continue her training in musical theatre at the Performance Preparation Academy, PPA, in Guildford on the BA (Hons) in Musical Theatre course

“Pendleton has helped me become so much more confident as a performer and as a person. I’ve made friends with life and won’t forget what these special two years.”

Danielle Layland

Danielle will be staying on at Pendleton to study on the HNC Performing Arts Musical Theatre Course.

“I have learnt so much about the performing arts industry and I have developed my skills and confidence greatly during my two years at Pendleton. I am excited to further my training by doing the HNC here too, where I know I will be well looked after and will be given a very high standard of training.”

Joe Hughes

Joe will begin his training at Bird College of Dance in September on the BA (Hons) in Dance and Theatre Performance

“Pendleton has greatly helped me improve upon my singing, acting and dancing which no other college could do, which in turn has helped me progress towards my dream of performing on the west end”

Joe Wellman

Joe’s been offered a place at East 15 Acting School to study a Certificate of Higher Education in Theatre Arts

“I think the course at Pendleton is the very best you can get in terms of Further Education in the performing arts. The staff can’t help enough, and the effort and talent of fellow students never cease to amaze me. I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone at Pendleton for pushing me and giving me a platform to learn and further my education in the field I hope to be working in for a very long time to come.”

Jojo Balongo

Jojo is going on to start BA (Hons) in Performing Arts (Film, TV and Stage) at Buckinghamshire New University in September

“I’ve really enjoyed my time at Pendleton! It’s been a lot of fun and I have developed more than I ever thought in everything from naturalistic acting, mask performance, film and TV and physical theatre acting, especially. Teachers have pushed and helped me develop myself as an actor. I’m very thankful for this, it has helped me move on to the next step in my training.”

Louise Gaffney

Louise will be staying on at Pendleton to study on the HNC Performing Arts Musical Theatre Course.

“I’m very excited to be doing HNC Musical Theatre next year, and to be continuing my journey at Pendleton.

“I have decided to stay on and study at Pendleton because I feel like I have learnt a lot in such a supportive environment. The college has helped me grow as a performer and gain confidence in aspects I wasn’t originally comfortable with. Everyone in the department is so friendly and caring and there to help you in any way possible.”

Teddy Jones

Teddy will be staying on at Pendleton to study on the HNC Performing Arts Musical Theatre Course.

“I have decided to study on the Higher Education course at Pendleton as after two years of previous studying I know of the high standard of teaching, and the great support that is available to help me progress further towards where I want to be in the performing arts industry.”

We help students find the pathway that is right for them. Whether that is going to drama school, university or straight into employment, and our record for success is excellent. 

It’s not too late to enrol for on a course this September, whether it’s a school leaver course you are looking for or Higher Education. For more information  call Admissions on 0161 631 5000.

Helpdesk Software