Course feature: Access a career in nursing or midwifery
23 August 2018
Are you a caring individual with a dream of helping others as a nurse? Perhaps you’ve always wanted to be a midwife but never had the time to pursue your dreams? Maybe you have always worried you don’t have the correct qualifications or that it’s too late to go to university?
Well, if that is the case, we have good news. It’s never too late to follow your dreams, and at the University Centre at Salford City College, we can get you on track and help you into a career as a nurse or midwife, whatever your situation, level of education or age.
The average salary of a midwife in the UK is £31,242 per year. Nurses can earn anything up to £33,000 per year.
Who are these qualifications for?
Access to Higher Education courses do exactly as they say on the tin, help students gain access to university courses. If your heart is set on going to university but you don’t have the qualifications, then an access course is for you.
Highlights of studying at the University Centre at Salford City College
- Studying at a college means cheaper fees
- Smaller class sizes mean more one-on-one teacher-student support
- We have the highest quality rating for Higher Education in the country and students have achieved high grades consistently for the last 5-years
- You’ll receive all the same benefits as studying at a university including receiving student discounts, access to student accommodation and use of the facilities at The University of Salford and The University of Bolton, including the students union, societies and libraries
- Part-time work is also available with the highest paid HE Ambassador programme in Greater Manchester
Access to Professions in Midwifery
“This course allowed me to follow my dream of becoming a midwife, this is something I have always dreamed of doing. After my one-year access course, I will be going on to study midwifery at the University of Salford.”
Are you interested in a career in nursing or midwifery? It’s not too late to get a place on a university course for this Septemeber, call our Clearing line on: 0161 631 5075.