Course feature: Access a career in IT and Computing
22 August 2018
Whether you are an adult looking to get back into education, someone who is hoping to go to university but doesn’t have the qualifications, or simply someone hoping to embark upon a university course in IT, we have the qualification for you.
Here are just a few of the careers our qualifications can lead to:
- IT Consultant
- Computer Forensic Investigator
- Software Engineer
- Web Developer
The average salary for an IT Specialist is £46,000 per year.
Who are these qualifications for?
Access to Higher Education courses do exactly as they say on the tin, help students gain access to university courses. If your heart is set on going to university but you don’t have the qualifications, then an access course is for you.
A HNC is a Higher Education course for those who meet the entry requirements.
Functional Skills subjects are essential skills needed for all adults and young people. If you don’t have any IT qualification then a Functional Skills IT qualification is a must if you want to get back into education.
Highlights of studying at the University Centre at Salford City College
- Studying at a college means cheaper fees
- Smaller class sizes mean more one-on-one teacher-student support
- We have the highest quality rating for Higher Education in the country and students have achieved high grades consistently for the last 5-years
- You’ll receive all the same benefits as studying at a university including receiving student discounts, access to student accommodation and use of the facilities at The University of Salford and The University of Bolton, including the students union, societies and libraries
- Part-time work is also available with the highest paid HE Ambassador programme in Greater Manchester
Highlights of Studying IT and Computing
- On an IT and computing course, opportunities for extra-curricular activities are plentiful. You’ll have the chance to visit large corporations, hear from guest speakers and even accept work placement opportunities from excellent employers
- The college gets actively involved in all that is happening in the IT industry. One example is the annual Girls in ICT celebration held at the college each year encouraging women to get into the industry
- You’ll also have the opportunity to work in state-of-the-art facilities, in the heart of MediaCityUK. The college had invested in their facilities and equipment, including the latest in virtual reality technology and MAC computer suites
- Lessons are challenging and aim to prepare you for industry. Whether you are building your own computer, setting up an operating system or working on a live brief
HNC in Computing
“The teaching at the University Centre is invaluable, the amount of help and support you receive is amazing. There is also the added bonus of being right next to MediaCityUK.”
Are you interested in a career in IT or computing? It’s not too late to get a place on a university course for this September, call our Clearing line on: 0161 631 5075.