Course Feature: Study art or graphic design at higher level
13 August 2018
Are you creative? Have you ever consider continuing your study in the creative field? Perhaps you want to pursue a career in graphic design or art but don’t have the qualifications? We can help.
Here are just a few of the careers our qualifications can lead to:
- Graphic Designer
- Art Director
- Creative Director
- Artist/ Animator
- Product Designers
- Professional Artist
Salaries for senior graphic designers or creative leads range from £35,000 to £55,000.
A senior art director can expect to earn between £55,000 and £65,000 per annum.
Who are these qualifications for?
Access to Higher Education courses do exactly as they say on the tin, help students gain access to university courses. If your heart it set on going to university but you don’t have the qualifications, then an access course is for you.
Foundations Degrees and Level 4 qualifications are Higher Education courses that are shorter than full degrees. You can then go on to gain a full honours degree should you choose. These are the perfect introduction to the subject.
Highlights of studying at the University Centre at Salford City College
- Studying at a college means cheaper fees
- Smaller class sizes mean more one-on-one teacher-student support
- We have the highest quality rating for Higher Education in the country and students have achieved high grades consistently for the last 5-years
- You’ll receive all the same benefits as studying at a university including receiving student discounts, access to student accommodation and use of the facilities at The University of Salford and The University of Bolton, including the students union, societies and libraries
- Part-time work is also available with the highest paid HE Ambassador programme in Greater Manchester
Highlights of studying Art or Graphic Design
- You’ll be based at Pendleton Sixth Form College, which boasts having brand-new, state-of-the-art graphic design facilities and art studios.
Students studying at The School of Creative Arts at Pendleton will have access to a range of specialist art rooms, 3D workshops, printmaking facilities, computer suites, industry and domestic sewing machines and dedicated base rooms and gallery spaces to allow development and the chance to exhibit work throughout the year.
A newly refurbished, contemporary design studio is also equipped with the latest industry software and colour printers, with additional photography labs supported by a lighting studio, infinity wall and darkroom facilities. Read more here.
- The department also boasts having some incredible industry links meaning students have the opportunity to take part in live briefs, competitions, work experience placements and employment opportunities after they complete their course.
- Expert staff in the department include the likes of David Holcroft. Dave is an award-winning graphic designer who has been recognised for his outstanding skills and creativity at national advertising awards, The Chip Show Awards. Read more here.
- Some unique experiences students have undertaken this year include them curating their own exhibition at Kosmonaut, a bar in Manchester City Centre, showcasing all their own work. Art and design students also held their own end of year exhibition at the college and have taken part in live briefs with charities and external organisations throughout the year
Foundation Degree in Graphic Design
“I was always very creative when I was younger, when studying a BTEC in design at Pendleton Sixth Form College, I decided that this was what I enjoyed and wanted to do in the future. I chose this course as I wanted to further my knowledge and progress in graphic design. It stood out for me because the class size is much smaller than a larger university so I would get much more time to work with my tutors.”
Are you interested in studying art or graphic design at a higher level? Call 0161 631 5075.