City Skills hosts latest Prince’s Trust Team Awards Evening
5 May 2017
The second Prince’s Trust Team, who are based at the City Skills Centre have been awarded their final certificates at another fantastic event on Tuesday night.
The Prince’s Trust Programme is for young people who are not in education or in employment. Its purpose is to help them develop key skills to either get back into education or take their next steps elsewhere.
Owen Renshaw, who was one of the individuals awarded on Tuesday night said, “The Prince’s Trust course has been really good. I have so many skills I didn’t have before like social skills and leadership skills. I got the chance to experience so much and I had training in first aid, health and safety and food hygiene, which I know will help me in the future. I would recommend the course to anyone who needs help figuring out what they want to do in the future.”
The awards were all about celebrating the work the team had done over the 12-week period the course ran for, and how far each individual had come.
During the free, 12-week course the team got involved in everything from community projects, to fundraising events, work placements, volunteering and even job application preparation activities. Salford City College were also able to help provide shadowing opportunities of staff within the College for team members.
The team were involved in:
- Volunteering for 3 days at Fareshare in Manchester, organising food donations for small, local charities.
- First aid training – now making them Level 2 Qualified First Aiders.
- Various work placements including working at a Doggy Day Care, working at Worldwide Exotics and shadowing technicians in ICT and Music at the College.
- Mock interviews and the opportunity to create a new CV.
- A community project at Ordsall Community Arts. They painted their kitchen, hallway and bathroom as well as doing a makeover to their garden.
- Fundraising to support their community project. Doing a car wash and bake sale.
- Fun team building trips to Blackpool, bowling and fun on the dodgems.
If you would like to join the next 12-week Prince’s Trust Programme starting soon, or know someone who you think would benefit from joining, please contact Admissions on 0161 631 5000.