FutureSkills Student Ella Shaw Sails Through Britain’s Got Talent Auditions

11th May 2015

A second year Creative Music Student from Salford City College’s FutureSkills wowed the judges at the Britain’s Got Talent auditions on Saturday night, singing a song she had written herself. Eighteen-year-old Ella Shaw performed her original song ‘Summertime’, and received four ‘yes’s from the judges, as well as a standing ovation from the crowd.

Ella, who is from Blackburn, is now hoping to make it to the live finals at the end of the month. In 2013 she became the first ever FutureStars winner, which landed her a once in a lifetime performance at Key103 Live at the Manchester Arena. FutureStars is a competition held by Salford City College every year to find the best young musical talent in the North West.

Speaking before her BGT audition, Ella spoke about the support of her parents Ella and David, whom she described as her ‘cheerleaders’. She said: “I just one day want to give it back to them, what they’ve invested in me, the time and everything really.”

She then wowed the judges by singing and playing the piano, with a performance of a song she had written herself called ‘Summertime’.  Following the performance, which Amanda Holden described as ‘beautiful’, Alesha Dixon commented: “I love your voice…the fact that you’re here doing original material- that’s admirable, and I think you’re one to watch.”

Simon Cowell concluded by saying: “You’ve got what I would call a very current voice…I think you’re mega, mega talented.”

FutureSkills Head of Centre Jason Turton said: “We are all so proud of Ella, and are glad that the judges recognised how talented and hardworking she is. Everyone at the college is really rooting for her, and hopes that she gets through to the live shows!”

Click here to watch Ella’s audition.

Helpdesk Software