Welcome! Thank you for visiting the Governance section of the college website. The Corporation is made up of fifteen governors committed to working with the college management for the benefit of our learners. It is the Corporation’s policy to be as informative as possible about the work of the Corporation and I hope you will find the information provided interesting and relevant. If not, please do not hesitate to contact our Clerk to the Corporation who will be pleased to assist you.
The Corporation encourages the recruitment of governors from all sections of the community, and applications are welcomed from people of all cultural backgrounds with a range of relevant skills and experience. Current Governors’ Pen Portraits can be found here.
Corporation governors are volunteers, who play an important part in setting the strategic direction of the college. The Corporation ensures accountability for the use of public funds through monitoring and evaluating the college’s performance.
For further information about becoming a member of the Corporation please contact Rod Fisher, Clerk to the Corporation firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest.
Chair of Governors
The Governors of Salford City College are a group of volunteers from all walks of life in Salford and the surrounding area.
Their role is to:
- determine and oversee the educational character and quality of the College
- ensure that the College remains financially solvent
- approve the annual estimates of income and expenditure produced by the Principal and Chief Executive
- agree the appointment and pay and conditions of the Principal and other senior postholders
- set the framework for the pay and conditions of service of all other staff
- set the policy for tuition fees
- monitor its own performance to ensure that the Governing Body operates to the highest standards
For more details visit the Your Guide to Becoming Part of the Salford City College Corporation brochure in the download section on this page.